For a student, the journey from filling out an application form to graduating as a doctor is a long and arduous one. Students have to clear the NEET PG Exam conducted by the NBE, wherein the selected candidates have to undergo online counseling to get selected into one of the best medical colleges in India. The candidates need to keep themselves updated about the entire process with the help of official websites so that they do not miss out on important notifications.
The NEET PG medical examination is conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE). All the postgraduate competitive medical examinations are conducted by the NBE. Soon after the declaration of the results, the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts online counseling for the selected candidates. The MCC conducts the counseling for various MD, MS and PG Diploma courses. The entire counseling process takes place online. The official notification regarding the dates of declaration of results will be available on the official website of the National Board of Examination. The selected candidates need to register online for counseling.
The MCC conducts the NEET PG counselling. The All India Quota counselling is done for 50% seats for all states/UT and the remaining 50% is reserved for the State-wise counselling conducted as per the guidelines provided by the respective states.
Important dates for NEET PG Counseling 2021
|Exam conducting body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Body for conducting counseling||Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)|
|NEET PG Exam date||11 September 2021|
|Answer key release date||To be announced|
|NEET 2021 results||To be announced|
|NEET 2021 registration dates||To be announced|
|NEET 2021 counselling dates||To be announced|
|NEET 2021 start and end of choice of filling||To be announced|
|Result of seat allocation||To be announced|
|Date for second round of counselling||To be announced|
|Date for mop-up round||To be announced|
|Report to the allocated college||To be announced|
Candidates need to regularly check the official website of MCC for updates. Counseling is conducted a few weeks after the declaration of results. All the dates are announced on the website and the selected candidates are required to go through the counseling guidelines before applying.
Eligibility criteria for NEET PG counseling 2021
The eligibility criteria for NEET PG counseling is based on candidates clearing the decided cut-off. All candidates who score above the NBE-approved cut-off are eligible to register for online counseling. All medical colleges should consider the NEET PG scorecard for admission. There is no provision for a separate state or university-level process for admission.
- The selected candidates have to register on the official website of MCC within the provided time.
- The candidates who have cleared MBBS with a degree certificate or a provisional certificate are eligible for the NEET PG counselling.
- The last date for completion of the internship is 30th June 2021.
- The candidates have to submit the original CRRI completion certificate.
- The candidate should be registered with the National Medical Council (NMC) and the original document should be produced.
Eligibility criteria for Indians who have pursued MBBS from abroad
- The candidates who have obtained an MBBS degree from colleges outside India should clear the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination conducted by the National Board of Education.
- The candidates should be registered with the National Medical Council.
- The candidates should have completed their internship by 30th June 2021 and are required to submit their original completion certificate.
Eligibility criteria for foreign nationals
- The foreign nationals are no longer required to have a temporary registration with the National Medical Council during writing the exam.
- On payment of the required fees, the National Medical Council is authorised to provide a temporary registration that can be used during the post-graduation tenure of the student and would be restricted to that medical college.
NEET PG counseling seat allocation
The NEET PG 2021 counselling would be conducted by MCC and the allocation of seats is done as per the following guidelines –
- All India Quota counselling for 50% seats for all states/UT
- The remaining 50% is reserved for State-wise counselling for all states/UT
- 100% seats for private medical colleges, universities and institutions in India
Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) PG admission 2021
While filling the online application form for the exam, the candidate has to select ‘YES’ under the category – ‘Are you willing to take up post-graduate courses in the institution/ hospital of Armed Forces Medical Services.’ The AFMS publishes a separate notification regarding their eligibility criteria and the counseling procedure for their MD/MS/PG courses. The candidates need to publish the NEET admit card and scorecard for counseling.
The candidates would be eligible for the below-mentioned AFMS training institutes in India –
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Army Hospital (Research & Referral), Delhi Cantt, (Delhi)
- INHS Asvini (Mumbai)
- Command Hospital Air Force (Bangalore)
- Command Hospital Eastern Command (Kolkata)
- Command Hospital Western Command (Chandimandir, Panchkula)
- Command Hospital Central Command (Lucknow)
- Institute of Aerospace Medicine (Bengaluru)
The candidates pursuing the PG course in these institutes would be eligible for the following categories-
- Priority-I (Serving Officers of the AFMS)
- Priority-II (Government-sponsored candidates from friendly foreign countries)
- Priority-III (Para Military/other Govt. of India sponsored candidates)
- Priority-IV (Ex-Short Service Commission Officers of AFMS)
- Priority-V (Civilian); Will have bond liability to serve AFMS
NEET PG Counseling 2021 procedure
The selected candidates have to register on the official website of MCC to be eligible for AIQ counseling. Online counseling starts a few weeks after the declaration of the results. The details regarding the counseling are announced on the official website of MCC. There are five steps involved in NEET PG Counseling. Once candidates successfully clear all the steps, they are required to take admission to the allocated college.
Let us go through the steps in detail and understand the entire NEET PG Counseling Procedure.
- Visit the official Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) website and click the ‘New Registration’ tab.
- Candidates have to fill in their roll number, application number, full name, mother’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID and the captcha code displayed on the page.
- After filling in the details, click ‘Submit’ to generate an OTP and complete the registration.
- Candidates will receive new roll numbers and passwords to log in to the website.
- Click ‘Candidate Login’ and fill in the newly issued roll number and password.
- Candidates will be redirected to a new page where they have to fill in details like name, roll number, registration number, mother’s name, contact number, email id, and click on ‘Submit’.
- A new page displays a candidate’s details extracted from the National Testing Agency (NTA). Check the data to verify its accuracy and click ‘Confirm Registration’.
- The generated registration slip needs to be saved for future reference.
STEP 2- Counseling fees payment
- After candidates have successfully registered for NEET PG counseling, they need to log in to complete the registration formality.
- Fees need to be paid online using a debit/credit card or through net banking.
- The NEET counseling fee is different for different categories.
|Category||Non-refundable registration fees||Non-refundable registration fees||Refundable registration fees||Refundable registration fees|
|AIQ/Central Universities||Deemed Universities||AIQ/Central Universities||Deemed Universities|
|General||₹ 1000||₹ 5000||₹ 25,000||₹ 2,00,000|
|₹ 500||₹ 5000||₹ 10,000||₹ 2,00,000|
- The fees may change as per the MCC guidelines. Candidates need to check before paying the counseling fees.
STEP 3- Seat allocation and locking
- Candidates need to select the preferred colleges, keeping in mind the score and the colleges available for selection. The admission is granted only through the NEET PG scorecard.
- Before selecting a college, a candidate can see the list of eligible colleges. Candidates can fill any number of colleges they want.
- Candidates can also arrange them according to their preferences.
- Once the selection is completed, type the password and click ‘Lock Choices’.
- Candidates need to be careful with the selection as once they have locked their choices, they cannot change them.
- After submitting the details, the generated document needs to be saved for future reference. It contains all the details of allocation and the locking process.
STEP 4- Announcement of seat allocation
- Once candidates lock the preferred college, the MCC announces the result in a few days.
- The candidates are notified through proper channels regarding the result.
- Successful candidates are provided with an allocation letter for a college.
- Candidates need to carry this letter along with the list of other documents for admission at the college.
- All the details regarding the allocation of seats are mentioned on the official website of MCC.
STEP 5- Reporting to the college for admission
- Once a college is allotted, the candidate is asked to visit the college on a given day with all the required documents.
- The allocated college will be in touch with the candidate to ensure the fulfilment of all the required conditions.
Candidates have to be careful during the entire process – from registration to completing the admission at the allocated college. If there are any discrepancies during the process, the admission can be disqualified and the seat would be allocated to the next in line. The candidates who registered for the AIQ counseling can register for state-based counseling as well.
Second round of counseling
The second round of counseling comes into action when the candidate is not satisfied with the allotted seats. This round is eligible for candidates who have not been offered any seat during the first round of counseling.
The candidates who are allotted seats in this round cannot refuse the seat. If the candidate is not satisfied with the allotted seat, they can give up the admission but the non-refundable fees will be forfeited. But once the candidate accepts the seat, it cannot be declined.
The counseling is conducted based on the NEET PG scorecard. Candidates from J&K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana cannot participate in the All India Quota counseling but are eligible for state-based counseling. If some seats remain vacant during the AIQ counseling, they are transferred to state-based counseling.
NEET PG counselling 2021 mop-up round
The mop-up round is conducted for the deemed universities and ESIC institutes after both the rounds of counseling ends. The candidates who have not been allotted any seats at the first and the second round of counselling can apply for this round. They can go ahead with the old registration. The candidates would get an option to select colleges from the list provided. After that, the MCC would publish the final list of the mop-up round. The dates for the mop-up round would be announced on their official website.
If there is any discrepancy during the counseling process, the candidate can reach MCC through the official channel.
MCC call centre number – 0120- 4073500
Toll-free number- 1800 102 7637
E-mail- email@example.com (only for administrative purposes)
E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org (only for finance queries like finance/accounts/refund issues related to online counseling)
Candidates should remember certain points before reaching out to MCC –
- These numbers should only be used for queries regarding counseling.
- The call centre number is available between 9 am and 8:30 pm.
- Emails are answered between 10 am and 6 pm.
- Emails should be sent to the respective email IDs as per the queries.
Important documents for NEET PG counseling 2021
Once a candidate is selected to a college, there is a list of documents they need to submit to their allocated college for admission. Candidates need to carry all the mentioned original documents for verification. They should also have photocopies of all the original documents. Following is the list of required documents –
Documents to carry during NEET PG Counselling 2021 are –
- NEET PG admit card
- NBE NEET PG scorecard
- Original MBBS certificate
- Original CRRI certificate
- Original Foreign Medical Graduate Examination certificate (if applicable)
- Class 10th certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th certificate and mark sheet
- 8 recent colored passport size photos (the same must be used in the application form).
- Identity proof
- Aadhar Card
- Ration card
- Driving License
- The college allocation letter issued by MCC
- Category certificate, if applicable
Top Colleges under NEET PG Counselling 2021
All medical colleges in India can admit students based on their NEET PG scorecard. They have to admit students either through AIQ counseling which is restricted to the government colleges, or through state-based counseling where private colleges can also participate in the admission process.
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi|
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi|
|University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow|
|Stanley Medical College, Chennai|
|Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai|
|Government Medical College, Chandigarh|
|Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak|
What’s new in NEET PG Counselling 2021?
Let us take a look at an important change brought around NEET PG counselling 2021. There is an increase of 4800 PG seats which would increase the intake to 36,192 students for the various MD/MS programmes in India.
NEET PG counseling seat reservation
The NEET has released the details of the reservation category for NEET counseling 2021. The allocation of seats under reserved and general category are provided under the guidelines of the government of India.
|SC/ST/OBC/PwD (for SC/ST/OBC)||40th percentile|
The candidates applying under PwD have to fulfill certain criteria. They need to furnish the certificate issued by the Disability Centres recognized by MCC across India.
- The minimum level of disability should be a minimum of 40%.
- The degree of disability should be checked as per the guidelines prescribed by the government.
- The disability certificate should be issued from the below-mentioned centres recognized by the MCC:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata
- Grant Government Medical Hospital, Mumbai
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector-32, Chandigarh
- Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- SMS Medical College, Jaipur
- Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi
- AIIMS, Nagpur
- Government Medical College, Agartala
- Goa Medical College, Goa
The reservation category for state-based counseling is announced by the state counseling committee as per the laws of the state. Every state has its reservation policy which may not necessarily match with the national reservation policy. The candidate has to check the official website for state-level counseling details.
NEET PG Counselling 2021 – FAQs
Who conducts the NEET PG counseling and what is the allocation of seats?
The online NEET counseling is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). An All India Quota counselling for 50% seats for all states/UT and the remaining 50% is reserved for the State-wise counselling for all states/UT. All the private medical colleges, universities and institutions in India are also eligible under the NEET PG counselling 2021. The candidate can fill in as many choices from the list of eligible colleges. All details regarding the counseling are available on the official website of MCC.
Is there any fee for registration for NEET PG counseling 2021?
There are certain fees that a candidate needs to pay to register for online counseling. For the General category, a candidate is required to pay a non-refundable fee of ₹1000 for AIQ counseling and ₹5000 for deemed universities. For reserved categories, there is a non-refundable fee of ₹500 for AIQ counseling and ₹5000 for deemed universities. The general category candidates need to submit a refundable fee of ₹25,000 for AIQ counseling and ₹2,00,000 for deemed universities. The same is ₹10,000 for AIQ counseling and ₹2,00,000 for deemed universities for reserved category candidates.
What are the new updates in the NEET PG counseling 2021?
There has been an increase in 4800 seats for the various MD/MS courses. The total PG seats now stand at 36,192.
What is the percentage of seat reservations for NEET PG counseling 2021?
According to the government norms, the NEET counseling 2021 has reserved the 40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC/PwD(for SC/ST/OBC/PwD), 50th percentile for General category and 45th percentile for General-PwD.
Can a candidate change the reservation category at the time of NEET 2021 Postgraduate counseling?
There is no provision to change the reservation category during NEET Postgraduate counseling 2021. If there are any discrepancies, it has to be notified to the officials and changes can be made only if they permit it. Candidates have to be extra careful while filling the application form.
Can I leave the seat after the second round of counseling?
A candidate can only leave the seat during the first round of counseling. The candidate is not allowed to leave or vacate the seat after being awarded a seat in the second round of counseling. The candidate has to forfeit the admission as well as the non-refundable fees.
Is domicile required for the NEET PG counseling 2021?
There is no requirement for domicile when it comes to All India Quota counseling. When a candidate wants to apply for state-level counseling, the candidate has to publish the domicile documents while registering. A candidate has to furnish the required documents and fulfill certain criteria to apply for state-level counseling.