The NEET PG aspirants often end up looking out for answers to the preparation strategy or the ways to attempt the exam. Every year thousands of students appear for the NEET PG examination and the competition goes on ever-increasing. To make it through the examination, students follow various approaches. The exam is objective and competitive in nature. Students are to answer approximately 200 questions
The results of this exam are the basis for the career formation of budding doctors. In order to secure a good rank in the exam, answering the majority of the Multiple choice questions correctly is essential. But how do you ensure that? Though thorough preparations followed by multiple revisions would be the core to a successful result, however, there are few tips you should follow to tackle the MCQs in the exam.
1) Train your brain:
So how do you get your brain ready for MCQs? NEET PG is not about cramming your topics in a subjective sense. Doing so will land you nowhere. As and when you are done with a topic, you must practice MCQs and Question banks for the same. You can refer to Egurukul question banks for and take mock tests for better practice. These will give you better insight into the topic as one-liners test how much you remember and understand. Prepare in a smart way that will eventually be asked in the exam.
2) Time Management:
Ensure you have gone through DBMCI Grand Tests and Mock tests within the time duration. This will give you the speed you will need while attempting the exam. DBMCI has recently updated their grand test and question banks. A poor practice would mean you have not gone through enough questions and you will eat a lot of time in reading, understanding the question and thus eventually would not be able to attempt many questions in the exam.
3) Attempt The Most:
Remember that the exam will rank you based on the most correct answers you gave. Better time management and practice will give you a fair chance of attempting as many questions as possible.
4) Attempt With Care:
It is important how you attempt the questions.
(1) Read the question carefully- Often in our nervousness, we end up reading the question wrong. Please read the question carefully to avoid making this blunder.
(2) Leave if you are clueless– there can be questions that you are totally clueless about. Do not panic and waste your time on them. Simply skip them and go ahead. If time permits, revisit them later.
(3) Do not be in a hurry- Don’t try to finish your paper before time. If you will be in haste, chances are you will answer incorrect options. Give your brain time to process the exam, and let your anxiousness settle down.
(4) Avoid Guess Work– While attempting MCQs you will realize that either you know it or you don’t. It is always advised that students should not do guesswork. Every wrong guess would give you a negative marking. So refrain from that.
(5) Elimination Technique– Use the elimination technique only when you are sure about the options and can relate to them well. Be confident with the choice you make. Do not attempt if in confusion.
5) Do not Overthink:
Generally, students assume that the exam can’t be simple and overthink the answers and complicate it for themselves. Do not overthink and trust your basic sciences also. Your aptitude and presence of mind are questioned more.
These were some of the very important things you should keep in mind while answering the MCQs. Practice them thoroughly. Avoid technicalities and try to keep your calm while answering the exam. You will have to solve and learn and revise to ensure a successful NEET PG and NEXT.
Try to analyze the questions well and develop an understanding of the core concept the question is trying to ask. Often aspirants misinterpret the questions and commit mistakes. Read the question carefully and locate what it is trying to ask. This will be done quickly if you have solved enough MCQs.
Avoiding last-minute chaos and stress will benefit you. Keep the study material and stationery and admit cards ready a night before your exam. Proper planning will let you carry your day calmly. While attempting the paper breathe and deep breathe to focus on the exam and confidently attempt it.