The most renowned profession is the profession of a doctor. A doctor is a person who saves the life of many. Thus to save someone’s life, you will have to gain knowledge accordingly. After clearing the NEET entrance exam for medical, you will find a seat in any medical college for the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
To become a master, you will have to apply for postgraduate medical degree courses. In MBBS, you get knowledge about the human body. To become a specialized doctor like a surgeon, gynaecologist, neurologist, etc., you will have to get a degree in these fields by pursuing PG Medical degree courses. From so many colleges, you will have to select the top PG Medical college in India.
PG medical degree courses offer specialization in various fields of medical science. You can get a degree in MS, MD, DM, McH. If you are applying to any of India’s top medical PG colleges, you will have to pass the NEET PG. It is an entrance exam to get into the Top PG medical colleges in India.
Eligibility criteria of Top PG Medical Colleges in India
The candidate will have to have an MBBS degree to apply for a Postgraduate in medical science. The candidate should also have an MBBS registration document. In addition, the candidate should have a one-year internship experience. For NEET 2021, medical graduates from Jammu and Kashmir cannot appear for AIQ 50% Seats.
For foreign graduates, they will have to pass Foreign Medical Graduate exam. FMGE qualifying as a screening test. Once they have cleared that exam, they can apply for NEET 21. To get into the Top PG medical colleges in India, you will have to score 360 or above in NEET PG.
How to choose a college from a pool of colleges?
There are so many college options available nowadays. Selecting a college that will help in developing your career is very crucial. These colleges offer so many different courses and programs that you can choose from. Some of these colleges offer the best PG courses in medicine, and some offer the best programs in PG Surgeons. You will have to select a college that will help you in making your dream into reality. Few parameters should be followed while choosing a college for oneself.
- Infrastructure– Make sure you look into the colleges’ infrastructure carefully. Infrastructure plays a huge part in getting exposure in the universities. Most colleges have images of their infrastructure in their brochures only.
- Basic facilities– Private colleges pay tension to all the details. The hostels and classrooms in a private college are much better than any government institute. Along with dedicating the courses, check the necessities requirements before selecting any college.
- Ranking of college– There are more than 500 colleges for PG Medical in India. It can get tough to select the best college from so many colleges. That’s why the medical commissions have realized a NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) Ranking for colleges. It can help you in developing an informed decision. Look at the rating and rating of any college.
- Placements– One of the best parameters to check if a college is worthy is to check its placements. Check the job offer and placements that a college offers. This information is present in their brochures. Also, if you can, then talk to pass out students for daughter reference.
- Campus culture– A college with great campus culture can help its students in developing good life skills. The best way to find out about the work culture is to talk to passing out students.
List of PG Medical colleges in India
There are in total 542 medical colleges in India, both from the government and private sector. Out of these 542, 64 are termed PG institutes. To mention all 542 medical colleges will be a bit confusing. Therefore, we have listed 50 Top PG Medical colleges in India.
Later in the article, we have segregated these into more sections for you to understand them better.
- AIIMS New Delhi
- CMC Vellore
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- NIMHANS Bangalore
- IMS BHU, Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kochi
- Madras Medical College and Government General Hospital, Chennai
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education And Research, Chennai
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- St. John’s Medical College, Bengaluru
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- CMC Ludhiana
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangaluru
- Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh
- Siksha `O` Anusandhan, Bhubaneswar
- PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore
- Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana
- M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru
- Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
- Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai
- S. R. M. Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Maharishi Markandeshwar, Ambala
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry
- K. S. Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha
- Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai
- Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur
- Grant Government Medical College, Mumbai
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad
- Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai
- Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal West, Manipur
- R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
- Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
- Era’s Lucknow Medical College and Hospital, Lucknow
- Topiwala National Medical College and Nair Hospital, Mumbai
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
- BJ Medical College, Pune
Top Medical PG Colleges in India
Here is a list of the top PG Medical colleges in India with its rating of 2021
|S.NO.||List of top 20 colleges in India||Rating|
|1||Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi||4.8|
|2||King George’s medical university, Lucknow||4.5|
|3||University college of medical science, Delhi||4.3|
|4||Government medical college and hospital, Chandigarh||4.1|
|5||Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam||3.5|
|6||Institute of medical science Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||4|
|7||Bangalore medical college and research institute, Banglore||3.6|
|8||Lady Hardinge Medical college for women, Delhi||3.9|
|9||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai||3.8|
|10||SCB medical college, Cuttack||3.6|
|11||Indira Gandhi medical college, Shimla||3.8|
|12||Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad||3.7|
|13||Madras Medical College, Chennai||3.8|
|14||Seth GS medical college, Mumbai||3.68|
|15||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi||3.5|
|16||Medical College, Kolkata||3.33|
|17||Jawaharlal Nehru medical college, Aligarh||3.65|
|18||Goa medical college, Panaji||3.3|
|19||Mysore medical college and Research Institute, Mysore||3.46|
|20||B J Medical College, Ahmedabad||3.43|
Top Government PG Medical Colleges in India
More than 100 government colleges in India offer the best PG Medical degree to Medical students. Now it’s up to the candidate which college to choose. Make sure you select a college that offers the best postgraduate degree in your choice of field.
Here is a list of government Top PG Medical colleges in India. These are also the best colleges for postgraduate courses in India.
|S.NO.||Name of the college||State/City||Courses they offer|
|1||All India Institute of Medical Sciences||New Delhi||It offers 20 MD/MS courses. It also offers PG Diploma and DM/MCh degree courses.|
|2||King George’s Medical University||Lucknow||KGMU offers courses for specialization in 20 subjects.|
|3||University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, Delhi||Delhi||It offers 20 MD/MS courses. It also offers PG Diploma and DM/MCh degree courses.|
|4||Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||New Delhi||It offers 20 MD/MS courses. It also offers PG Diploma and DM/MCh degree courses.|
|5||Armed Forces Medical College, Pune||Pune||It offers MD/MS courses in 22 subjects. They also offer a Masters’s in Anatomy and Hospitalisation.|
|6||Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and King Edward Memorial Medical College, Mumbai||Mumbai||Seth GS college offers MD/MS in 20 subjects and super-speciality courses in 15 subjects. The college also provides a PG diploma in several clinical subjects.|
|7||Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh||Aligarh||It offers 20 MD/MS courses. It also offers PG Diploma and DM/MCh degree courses.|
|8||Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University,||Varanasi||IMS – BHU offers M.D./M.S in 24 subjects, which include almost all the major specialities.|
|9||Lady Hardinge Medical College for Women, New Delhi||New Delhi||LMHC offers MD/MS in 20 subjects. Apart from that LHMC offers two super speciality courses(MCh Peds. Surgery and DM Neonatology).|
|10||Madras Medical College, Chennai||Chennai||MMC offers MD/MS in 23 subjects. It also offers 16 super speciality courses. MMC offers a postgraduate diploma.|
|11||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital and Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai||Mumbai||The college offers MD/MS courses in all subjects. It offers PG Diploma n M.Ch and DM. It also offers Post-Doctoral degrees in M.Ch and DM for different specializations.|
|12||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||New Delhi||It offers 20 MD/MS courses. It also offers PG Diploma and DM/MCh degree courses.|
Top Private PG Medical colleges in India
With government colleges, India also has a good share of private medical colleges offering PG courses. These private colleges provide a lot of specialization in many subjects. Though the fees of private colleges are a little more, the facilities provided by them are also great. The value of a medical graduate from a private medical institute is the same as a medical graduate from a government college. Private medical colleges that offer PG medical courses take into consideration NEET PG scores. If you have a good score and want to pursue a PG medical course in a private college, then you may consider applying to one. Here is a list of Private top PG Medical colleges in India-
|Name of the college||Ranking||NIRF Rank|
|Christian medical college, Vellore||4.8||3|
|Christian medical college, Ludhiana||4||18|
|Kasturba medical college, Manipal||4.7||9|
|St John’s National Academy of health science, Banglore||4||11|
|Kasturba medical college, Mangalore||4||21|
|Sri Ramachandra medical college and research institute, Chennai||3.8||13|
|Hamdard Institute of medical science and research, Delhi||3.55||15|
|JSS Medical College, Mysore||3.6||17|
|SRM Medical college hospital and research centre, Chennai||4||22|
|Dayanand medical college and hospital, Ludhiana||3.88||24|
|Dr. D Y Patil medical college hospital and research centre, Pune||3.3||20|
|MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore||3.6||27|
|Kalinga Institute of medical sciences, Bhubaneswar||3.2||30|
|MGM Medical college, Aurangabad||3.4||31|
|Mahatma Gandhi medical college and Research Institute, Pondicherry||3.5||40|
|Institute of medical science and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar||3.35||21|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical college, Belhaum||3.3||7|
|Aarupadai Veedu Medical college and hospital||3.4||26|
|Saveetha Medical College and hospital, Kanchipuram||3.5||25|
|Kempegowda institute of medical sciences, Banglore||3.35||28|
Postgraduate in medical science is a three-year course that helps to become a specialized doctor. Postgraduate Medical science helps in gaining a degree in MD, MS, and many more. There are a lot of courses that are offered by a lot of medical colleges in India. To apply for PG, you will first have to clear MBBS. Then you will have to take the NEET PG exam to qualify for PG courses. From so many colleges, you will have to select the best college. That offers the best course in your field. While choosing any college, you will have to consider other factors such as placements, basic facilities, and environment.
There are around 542 PG medical colleges in India that offer the best set of PG Courses. In this article, we have mentioned the Top PG Medical colleges in India. We also have segregated these into government and private colleges. For the government colleges, we have mentioned the courses that the colleges offer. We have also listed the NIRF ranking and overall rating of the colleges. Most of the colleges mentioned above consider NEET PG scores. Make sure you research about the college before applying to that college.