The FMGE Admit Card 2021 will be available soon for the December session. The National Board of Examinations (NBE) is the official board responsible for conducting the FMGE or the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination. This screening test was introduced in 2002 as a prerequisite for medical students that have obtained a medical degree from a foreign college or university and wish to practice medicine in India. The NBE is an independent body under the aegis of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Candidates who qualify for the FMGE are given a provisional or permanent registration for practicing medicine in India. The registration is offered either by the Medical Council of India or one of the State Medical Councils.
The NBE conducts the FMGE twice a year – in June and December respectively. The FMGE Admit Card 2021 for December is expected to be released soon online by the NBE at www.nbe.edu.in. This article provides detailed information regarding the FMGE Admit Card.
Examination Dates & Other Official Details
For the December slot, the FMGE is tentatively scheduled to be held on December 12, 2021. However, the dates for the issuance of the hall ticket, the release of the brochure, and the FMGE admit card 2021 are yet to be announced. The date of declaration of the December examination results is yet to be announced.
How to Download the FMGE Admit Card 2021?
To download the NBE FMGE Hall Ticket for examination in December, candidates are requested to follow the steps provided below:
- Log onto the official website of the NBE at www.nbe.edu.in.
- Click on the link that says ‘FMGE 2021 Admit Card’.
- In case the link is not available, check back again.
- Download FMGE Admit Card PDF version.
Please note that the Exam Card of FMGE 2021 can be downloaded only from the provided link. NBE will also send candidates an SMS alert on their registered mobile number, along with an email on their registered email ID, to inform them of when and where the admit card may be downloaded. Do note that the admit cards are not physically sent to the candidates to their postal address by post or courier.
- Once the link is available, click on it. A screen will open up, prompting you to enter your user ID and password.
- Once the user ID and password are entered, another screen will open up, where all your personal details filled at the time of application will be displayed. Cross-check all the information to make sure that the details are correct because these are the details that will reflect on your FMGE admit card. The FMGE admit card is an important document besides being your ticket to enter the exam hall – so ensure that all details are captured accurately.
- Once you verify the details, please take a printout of the FMGE admit card.
- On the printout, there is a vacant space where the candidate is required to affix their latest, coloured passport-sized photograph. Please ensure that the photograph is taken against a white background. Please refer below for more specifications and requirements of the photograph.
Details on the FMGE Admit Card
The FMGE admit card contains the personal information of the candidate.
The details that are printed or displayed on the admit card include:
- Name of the Candidate
- Name of the Candidate’s Father/ Legal Guardian
- PWD Status
- Date of Birth
- Exam Center Code
- Exam Center Name & Address
- Application Number
- FMGE Roll No.
- Application ID
- Examination Date
- Examination Time
- Reporting Time
- Last permissible entry time to the examination hall
- Instructions on what candidates are allowed to carry into the examination center
Latest Photograph Specifications for Candidates
|Face||75% of the candidate’s face, head, and neck should be visible in the photograph.|
|Photograph size||The photograph should have a minimum dimension of 35 mm x 45 mm.|
|B/W or colored||It is mandatory for the photograph to be colored and not black and white.|
|Background||The photograph must be taken against a white background.|
|Details to be mentioned on the photograph||The candidate must write their name & date on which the photo was clicked, at the back of the photograph.|
|Other mandatory specifications||The candidate’s face should be free from any reflections on the photograph. Photographs with shadows are not acceptable. Please ensure that the candidate does not have red eyes while in the photograph. The photograph should not be stained, scratched, or kinked. Only the front view of the face should be visible in the photograph. The candidate must look straight into the camera when the photograph is clicked. The face of the candidate must be clear. Please avoid having your photograph taken with any goggles, sunglasses, caps, stethoscopes, or ornaments on.|
|Picture quality details||The image should have at least 600 dpi and should be printed on good-quality paper.|
Information on the Examination Center– Guidelines
Carry your admit card and ID proof
Candidates must carry the FMGE admit card to the examination center along with other relevant documents. It is best to take a printout of the admit card, manually affix a passport-size photograph and take a photocopy of the same. Candidates are also requested to carry an official ID proof as a supporting document.
Candidates must ensure that the ID proof is valid and unexpired and has a clear picture of the front of their face. Acceptable ID proofs include the Aadhar card, Voter ID card, Passport, Driving license, or PAN card.
Entry to the examination center
Entry to the examination center is permitted only after showing the concerned authorities a copy of the admit card. However, please note that NBE reserves the right to restrict a candidate’s entry into the examination center, including in cases where the exam registration certificate is found to be incomplete or invalid.
Requirements during the examination
During the exam, please keep your admit card and ID proof readily available for a check. Also, carry a printout of your COVID e-pass.
Items not permitted inside the examination center
Please note that candidates are not allowed to carry the following items inside the examination center –
- Electronic Devices such as:
- Electronic pens.
- Smartphones and mobile phones.
- Bluetooth-enabled devices and/or any other communication or electronic devices.
- Food items such as:
- Soft drinks and juices.
- Water bottles.
- Any packaged or unpackaged food items.
- Ornaments or items that are worn on the body such as:
- Chain or necklace.
- Nose pin, etc.
- Stationery items such as:
- Pens and pencils.
- Writing pads and notebooks.
- Written or printed (physical or digital) text matter such as notes, textbooks.
- Plastic pouches, etc.
- Other items like:
- Purses and wallets.
- Goggles and sunglasses.
- Belts, etc.
Please note: Examination centers may not have locker facilities. Candidates are advised not to carry items that are not allowed inside the exam hall. Candidates are not provided stationery items at the exam center.
Official Website & Other Important Details
- Website & Contact Details
The official website of NBE is https://natboard.edu.in/index.php?s=FMGE.
In case of any issue with the admit card such as missing details or rectification of mistakes, candidates are requested to immediately contact NBE officials.
The contact details are as follows:
Helpline numbers of NBE
022 61087595, 1800111700 (toll-free number).
Candidates may call the numbers between 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM on weekdays.
- Email ID: email@example.com
Other Important Instructions
- Physical ID cards are allowed. If candidates have e-Aadhar card, please ensure to take a print out of the same. The print out should be have a clear image quality.
- The name of the candidate on the ID card and the admit card must match. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate may be stopped from entering the examination hall, and will be required to furnish details or other official documents to prove their identity. Only when the invigilator is convinced will the candidate be allowed to enter the examination hall and appear for the examination.
- Ensure that you reach the examination hall well in time for the exam – try to reach at least 15-30 minutes prior to the scheduled exam time to avoid unnecessary hassles and delays.
FMGE – About the Examination
Examination pattern, time, qualification
The FMGE allows students that have studied medicine abroad to practice in India. It is a licensure examination conducted via computers. The question paper has two parts – Part A and B. Candidates get 2 hours and 30 minutes to answer each part. Each part comprises 300 multiple-choice questions. In total, candidates are given 5 hours to complete the entire paper. To qualify, candidates need to obtain at least 50% or 150 marks out of a total of 300. Every correct answer carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking.
Syllabus and Distribution of Marks
The FMGE question paper tests the knowledge of candidates as per the MBBS syllabus. The distribution of marks is as follows:
- Pre and para clinical subjects –
- Anatomy – 17 marks
- Biochemistry – 17 marks
- Forensic Medicine – 10 marks
- Microbiology – 13 marks
- Pathology – 13 marks
- Physiology – 17 marks
- Pharmacology – 13 marks
- Clinical subjects –
- Medicine and Allied subjects – 48 marks
- General Surgery and Allied subjects – 152 marks
- Admission procedure at the exam hall (as on the FMGE Admit Card)
- The entry time for Part A is 0700 hours, and Part B is 1200 hours.
- The entry closes at 0830 hours for Part A and 1330 hours for Part B.
- Candidates may log in at 0845 hours for Part A and 1345 hours for Part B.
- The exam starts at 0900 hours for Part A and 1400 hours for Part B.
- The exam ends at 1130 hours for Part A and 1630 hours for Part B.
The FMGE Admit Card is one of the most important documents that candidates require, in order to appear for the prestigious licensure examination. Candidates are encouraged to closely track information published on the NBE’s official website so that they are well aware of when the admit card is issued and can be downloaded.
In case a candidate has completed their MBBS course from a foreign university or institute and wishes to practice in India, they need to compulsorily appear for the FMGE and clear it with a minimum of 150 marks to get their license from the State Medical Council or the Medical Council of India, which will allow them to then practice in India.
While you are busy preparing for the FMGE for December 2021, ensure that you do not miss any news or updates regarding the FMGE admit card. Keep checking E-Gurukul for more information about the FMGE, the FMGE admit card 2021, examination pattern, syllabus, previous years’ question papers, and more information to help you successfully clear the examination.
FMGE Admit Card 2021- FAQs
Which authority conducts FMGE?
The Foreign Medical Graduates Examination is conducted by the National Board of Examination twice annually – in June and in December.
Will the NBE issue the admit card for FMGE?
Yes. The NBE issues the FMGE admit card, and it will be available on the official website of NBE, which you need to download.
What should I do after downloading my FMGE admit card?
Once the admit card has been downloaded and printed, you need to affix a passport size photograph manually on the space provided. Please ensure that you abide by all the specifications mentioned above regarding the photograph. After manually fixing the photograph, please take a photocopy of the admit card.
When will the FMGE be held in December 2021?
The FMGE will be held on 12th December 2021.
What if I lose or misplace my Admit Card?
In the event that you lose your FMGE admit card, you can find a copy of the same online, on the link provided on the NBE’s official website. Please login to the link with your username & password and re-download your FMGE admit card.