The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for the Postgraduate courses in Indian Medical Colleges is a crucial exam for every medical student. Having cleared the entrances for the Undergraduate Courses and completed your undergraduate course with the mandatory internship can be stressful in itself. And in such a time-crunched situation, if you are asked to prepare for an equally (if not more) difficult exam to pursue your post-graduation, it certainly can send the anxiety levels through the roof.
Every aspirant for NEET PG will be familiar with these feelings. And you are well aware that this added anxiety is not your friend, especially when you should rather be preparing for the exam. Then what should you be doing? Here are a few pointers from the doctors who have appeared for the NEET PG in the last few years. These pointers will definitely help you to beat your pre-exam anxiety for NEET PG 2020.
- Have a Plan – As any successful person will tell you, the key lies in planning. You know the dates for NEET PG 2020, you know the syllabus, and you know your preparation the best. Keeping all these in mind, plan your strategy. What are the topics you will study, when, and when will you revise? Write down the time table and stick to it as much as possible. Keeping up with the schedule helps you to stay in a positive frame of mind and also helps beat anxiety. Check this video to see how to plan your NEETPG 2020 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmMFVPimmXk&t=6s ).
- Quality over Quantity – There is no point in studying for 5 hours at a stretch if you are not able to concentrate beyond 1. It is always better, especially with the vast syllabus of NEET PG 2020, to utilize all the available time to the max. Hence, always choose the quality of study over the quantity. If you are able to concentrate for 1 hour, do that – earn the most and then take a break. You will be able to cover much more.
- Plan your breaks – As much as studying is important, so is taking a break and, more so, when to take a break. Try and plan your breaks in such a manner that you feel rewarded. For example – if you have completed an important topic, go out for a walk or listen to your favourite music. Your brain will start cooperating even more with the reward mechanism, and you will be able to complete a lot more. Even NEET PG will not appear difficult with this strategy.
- Tune your body clock – This is an extremely crucial point to incorporate right from the time you start preparing for NEET PG 2020. If you tune your body clock to study at night and sleep in the day, you will keep feeling sleepy in the examination hall! As much as you prefer the quiet and peace, your body clock needs to be prepared and at its alert best during the time of the examination. And as a doctor, you are well aware. This cannot be achieved in a day. Make it a part of your preparation, and you will have one less thing to worry about. \
- Eat healthily – This one pointer cannot be asserted enough by anyone. If you are putting so much effort into an examination like NEET PG 2020, you cannot afford to fall sick. And the best way to ascertain that is to eat healthy and nutritious food that helps you stay in the best of the health. While there may be a lot to study, make your body, your best ally in facing the challenge of the exam.
If you want more on hot to remove exam Anxiety, Please check the video on youtube :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_fJrKzAR6E&t=849s
Like, Share and Subscribe our youtube channel
Thanks for reading this Blog